The BMJ on Twitter "The gender gap in first authorship of
Education International: The Gender Pay Gap – reasons and implications 1 The Gender Pay Gap – reasons and implications This paper is the second of ten …... 3/03/2016 · Tweet with a location. You can add location information to your Tweets, such as your city or precise location, from the web and via third-party applications.
Global gender disparities in science
Gender bias has been found in medical literature, with more men than women as first or senior authors of papers, despite about half of doctors being women. Nursing is about 90% female, so we aimed to determine if similar biases exist in nursing literature.... Ireland is set to make gender pay gap reporting mandatory, following in the steps of the UK which did the same in 2017. It is a critical first step for a nation whose progress has faltered of late when it comes to the gender gap.
The Gender Pay Gap reasons and implications
Our results show further narrowing of the gender gap in first authorship in high impact medical journals that has been previously reported, 13 14 but also that, since around 2009, female first authorship has either plateaued or declined in all the journals examined. In total, in the six journals we examined, the representation of women among the first authors of original research increased does technological adoption affects the technical efficiency of production pdf Our results show further narrowing of the gender gap in first authorship in high impact medical journals that has been previously reported, 13 14 but also that, since around 2009, female first authorship has either plateaued or declined in all the journals examined. In total, in the six journals we examined, the representation of women among the first authors of original research increased
A Grand Gender Convergence Its Last Chapter
The Gender Wage Gap: Extent, Trends, and Explanations* Using PSID microdata over the 1980-2010, we provide new empirical evidence on the extent of and trends in the gender wage gap, which declined considerably over this period. mistborn the alloy of law pdf Last week there was a brief but interesting conversation on Twitter about the practice of “co-first” authors on scientific papers that led me to do some research on the relationship between author order and gender using data from the NIH’s Public Access Policy.
How long can it take?
The Gender Wage Gap IFS Briefing Note BN186
- Nevertheless She Persisted? Gender Peer Effects in
- The â€˜gender gapâ€™ in authorship in nursing literature
- The BMJ on Twitter "The gender gap in first authorship of
- The gendered system of academic publishing The Lancet
The Gender Gap In First Authorship Of Research Papers Pdf
Research on the gender pay gap has traditionall y focused on the role of what might be termed, gender-specific factors, particularly gender differences in qualifications and differences in the treatment of otherwise equally qualified male and female workers (i.e., labor market
- A Science audit of the gender of published authors said its own editorial decision making was not contributing to low numbers of junior and senior women authors, but the journal reported that it received a third fewer papers from women authors than are in the scientific fields they represent.
- In this sense the corrected figures are unbiased estimates of the correct numbers of male and female first- authored papers, unless there is a gender bias in the proportions of males and females
- Broadly, the research finds that gender differences in life-time working patterns account for 36% of the pay gap. Rigidities in the labour market, including those that
- Background. There is a clear gender gap in scientific authorship. Although the proportions of female authors in medicine and psychiatry have increased over the past decades, women are still underrepresented.